FUNCTIONAL HEALTH PHYSIOTHERAPY
More than just another Physiotherapist | Functional Health’s Physiotherapists use proven treatments and techniques designed to reduce both long term and short-term pain, as well as reducing the risk of further injury. If you have an injury concern, chronic pain or want to improve your lifestyle CONTACT or BOOK ONLINE an appointment with one of our experienced Physiotherapists. All Physiotherapy treatment at Functional Health is ‘hands-on’, with an experienced and fully qualified Physiotherapist, dedicated and passionate in achieving results.
Physiotherapy Gold Coast
Physiotherapy is a therapeutic health profession concerned with assessing, diagnosing, treating, and working to prevent disability through a variety of suitable hands on treatments and exercise prescription. Functional Health Gold Coast Physios are university educated health practitioners and are highly knowledgeable in movement and function. They work in conjunction with patients of all ages and levels of function to assist them in overcoming movement disorders, which may have been present from birth, acquired through accident or injury, or are the result of ageing or life-changing events.
MedX Medical Exercise Machines
Patients at Functional Health have the added advantage of utilising the World’s most technically advance medical exercise machines “MedX” giving Functional Health’s MedX program a great reputation amongst local GP’s and other Medical Professionals on the Gold Coast.
What can Physiotherapy offer me?
- Recovery / rehabilitation from injury (whether joint, muscular or nerve-related)
- Reducing pain and stiffness
- Increasing mobility and function
- Educating about injuries/conditions
- Preventing further injury by listening to needs and working to plan the most appropriate treatment for conditions, including setting goals and treatment outcomes
Physiotherapists are FIRST CONTACT PRACTITIONERS, which means a doctor’s referral is not necessary for a Physio appointment. Physiotherapists can work in collaboration with doctors and other allied health practitioners (EG: exercise physiologist) to plan, and manage the most appropriate treatment for specific conditions.
Physiotherapists use clinical reasoning and evidence-based practice to treat specific injuries / conditions. Prescribed treatment / rehabilitation plan will take into account lifestyles, exercise tolerance, activities, work, and general health.
Physio Treatments at Functional Health
- Joint mobilisation to reduce pain and stiffness, and improve mobility
- Taping for muscle re-education or joint immobilisation
- Airway clearance techniques and breathing exercises
- Soft tissue massage
- Acupuncture and dry needling
- Home exercise programs to improve mobility, flexibility and strength
- In-house physio and exercise programs delivered by collaboration with our Exercise Physiologist